Our Food and Media Program is intended for those who have a passion for food and who are working or interested in the fields of culinary arts, communications, media, marketing and/or photography. Explore a variety of different approaches to communicating about food, including photography, recipe writing, restaurant reviewing, video production and cookbook editing.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate using the department contact information on this web page.
Core Courses (Six)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites. One of these:
One of these:
All of these:
- PHOT 9037 Digital Photography 1: Fundamentals Temporarily Online
- HOSF 9370 Food Styling
- LIBA 9300 Food Writing and Blogging Temporarily Online
One of these:
Elective Courses (Choose Three)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.
- HOSF 1288 Baking and Pastry Arts Theory 1 Online
- HOSF 9284 Creative Plate Presentations
- HOSF 9472 Creative Plate Presentations Online
- PHOT 9068 Food and Product Photography
- DESN 9177 Principles of Design Temporarily Online
- MARK 9049 Social Media Marketing
- HOSF 1030 Theory of Food 1 Online
- DESN 9178 Video for the Web and Social Media Temporarily Online
- COMP 9567 WordPress for Blogging and Web Design Temporarily Online
For more information, attend a Hospitality and Culinary Arts information session.
- Contact Information
- Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts