Credential Requests and Replacements

George Brown College does not track Continuing Education program completions. Once you have completed all of a program's requirements, it is your responsibility to request a certificate/certificate of completion. You must request a certificate/certificate of completion in writing. To request a certificate/certificate of completion, follow these steps:

  1. Complete a Credential Request PDF form. Alternatively, you can provide a letter that includes your student ID number, your date of birth, your full legal name and address, your home and business phone numbers, your main email address, the name of the program you completed, and your signature.
  2. Submit your credential request (with supporting documents) to the department responsible for the George Brown certificate/certificate of completion you wish to receive. You can submit your request by mail, by email or by delivering it to the applicable department office in person. Allow about six weeks for your request to be processed. The department co‑ordinator will check your student record to ensure you have met the program requirements. If there are issues with your credential request, you will be contacted by phone or email.

Before you request a certificate/certificate of completion, you must have already applied and received permission for any course exemptions or PLAR credits. Together, course exemptions and PLAR credits cannot be used to meet more than 50% (or the percentage noted in the program's description) of a program's requirements.

As a Continuing Education student, you are not eligible to attend the college's convocation ceremonies even if you have completed a Continuing Education program. Those ceremonies are for graduates of full-time George Brown College programs only.

If your certificate/certificate of completion is lost, stolen or destroyed, the college will replace it for an administrative fee. (Personal cheques are not accepted.) You must request a replacement certificate/certificate of completion through our college-wide Academic Records Request Form:

  • If you are a current Continuing Education student (that is, you have registered for a Continuing Education course within the last year), you must log in using your George Brown College email address. However, after you log in for the first time, you will be prompted to add your personal email address to your MyCreds Learner Profile, which ensures you retain access to your records even after you are no longer an active George Brown College student.
  • If you are a former student who no longer has an active George Brown College email account, you must log in using your personal email address.

Disclaimer: Multiple copies of certificates/certificates of completion will not be provided.