Programs FAQ

This section will answer your frequently asked questions (FAQ) about our programs. Looking for information about our courses or about Continuing Education at George Brown College? Visit our Courses FAQ or General FAQ. Looking for information about distance learning? Visit our Distance Learning FAQ.

Can’t find what you need here or want additional help? Visit the Continuing Education Contacts web page for department contact information.

In most cases, you do not need to register for a program. You register in (and pay for) individual courses that make up the credential requirements. Visit the individual program web pages for more details.

You may receive a course exemption if you have completed an equivalent course at another accredited post-secondary institution, but you must officially apply for it in writing. Visit the Course Exemptions web page for more details.

Once you have completed all of the program requirements, to receive your credential, you must request the credential in writing. Visit the Credential Requests web page for more details.

Continuing Education does not evaluate international credentials, but we do offer the opportunity to gain academic course credit through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) if appropriate. The PLAR process will assess the relevant skills and knowledge you have acquired through work and other life experiences. Visit the Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) web page for more details.

Generally, you have three years to complete your program requirements, but this can vary by department. Visit the Program Requirements web page for more details.