Transfers are considered a withdrawal from the first course and a registration in the second. Full fees apply for the second course chosen, but the fee you paid for the first course is credited to the second course. You are responsible for any fee remaining after the original payment is credited, but any overpayment is refunded.

The college charges an administrative fee for each transfer you request. However, if the college cancels your course, there is no administrative fee if you transfer and apply your fees to another course registration.

You must request a transfer in writing. To officially request a transfer, send your transfer request to Your request should include your name, your student ID number, the course registration number (CRN) of the course section in which you are currently registered, the CRN of the course section into which you would like to transfer and the reason you are transferring. In order to transfer into or out of a typical Continuing Education course, you must submit your transfer request before the third scheduled class of the course out of which you wish to transfer and if space is available in the course into which you wish to transfer. In order to transfer into or out of a one-day course or a course of 12 hours or fewer or a course that ends after fewer than 10 business days (including the first scheduled day of class), you must submit your transfer request at least 10 days before the start of the course.