Your student account allows you to
- confirm your registration(s)
- print your tax receipt (T2202)
- view and update your email address (see Email Addresses note below)
- view and update your mailing address and phone number(s)
- view any holds on your record (for overdue fees, etc.) that may prevent registration activity
- view your final grades and print them in an unofficial transcript (for your information only)
In your Student Account, you will see three email fields: George Brown College Student Email Address, Business, and Personal.
- The George Brown College Student Email Address is assigned to you by the college, and you cannot change it. Blackboard uses the college email, so students in a course run through Blackboard should know how to access it and should check it regularly (though you can redirect your college email to your primary email account once you start accessing Blackboard). If you want to use the college email as your primary email address while at the college, you must ensure that it is also entered as the email that appears under Business. To learn more about using your assigned college email, visit the college-wide Student Email Support web page.
- Outside of Blackboard, the Business email is the email address that is used by our staff/teachers to communicate with you. Despite the label, this email does not need to be your company email address; it needs to be the email address you want us to use to communicate with you.
- The Personal email can be changed but is not used, so either leave it blank or ensure it matches the email you have used under Business.
Your student account does not allow you to
- request a transcript (so be sure you read our Transcripts web page for details)
- change the name on your account (so make sure you contact email@example.com for the correct forms and instructions)
It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information in your online student account is up to date. George Brown College does not accept responsibility for communication missed because of incorrect contact information. If you have problems accessing or using your student account, call the George Brown College Contact Centre at 416-415-2000.