Our intensive Hotel Operations Management Program is intended to provide essential skills for those actively pursuing employment in hotel operations management as well as to upgrade the skill sets of busy professionals working in the industry. The courses required for this hotel operations program expose you to both core George Brown College curriculum and industry-relevant content.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate. Program graduates may only need to complete a handful of extra courses to obtain another operations management certificate since this program shares a number of its course requirements with Food and Beverage, Kitchen and Special Events. Program graduates are also encouraged to pursue bridging into an appropriate full-time hospitality program.
Core Courses (Five)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites:
- HOST 1131 Career ReadinessOnline Option
- HOST 1095 Front Office OperationsOnline Option
- HOST 1079 Global Hotel IndustryOnline Option
- HOST 2009 Hotel Sales, Marketing and Social MediaOnline Option
- HOST 2089 Sustainable Facilities ManagementOnline Option
Elective Courses (Choose Three)
- HOST 1254 Dining Techniques and Service Excellence
- HOST 1017 Food, Beverage and Labour Cost ControlOnline Option
- ACCT 1039 Hospitality AccountingOnline Option
- HOST 9160 Hospitality Marketing PrinciplesOnline Option
- MATH 1103 Hospitality MathematicsOnline Option
- HOST 9085 Hospitality PurchasingOnline Option
- HRM 2016 Human Resources for HospitalityOnline Option
- LAW 2025 Introduction to Hospitality LawOnline Option
- HOSF 1300 Introduction to Service and Menu DevelopmentOnline Option
- HOST 2025 Leadership Communication and Group DynamicsOnline Option
- ACCT 2030 Managerial AccountingOnline Option
- HOST 1147 Service ExcellenceOnline Option
For more information, attend a Hospitality and Culinary Arts information session.