The Ontario Colleges Nursing Program Transformation Initiative: Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) Upgrade Pathway offers applicants the option to complete one or more of the following courses to address learning needs required to meet CNO’s education requirement to be a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). To read about the entry-level competencies met by completing each course, visit the CNO's Ontario Colleges Nursing Program Transformation Initiative: IEN Competency Upgrade Pathway PDF.
Refer to the CNO website for more information on the process to complete additional education.
Program Delivery Method:
Courses are offered in a flexible, online delivery mode and provide new starts each month.
To register for one of the courses listed, you must meet the eligibility requirements as specified on the course registration pages.
The Ontario Colleges Nursing Program Transformation Initiative was designed to help IENs meet competency gaps in order to become registered as RNs or RPNs. Completing these courses does not result in any equivalency to a baccalaureate degree. No degree recognition will be given.
IEN Competency Upgrade Courses (Currently Available)
- NURS 9215 Clinical Consolidation or Preceptorship – NTI Off Campus
- NURS 9214 Clinical Practice Experience – NTI Hybrid Online
- NURS 1128 Healing and Episodic Health Challenges Online
- NURS 1127 Health and Transitions Online
- NURS 1125 Health Assessment Online
- NURS 1122 Nursing Informatics Online
- NURS 1123 Nursing in Ontario Online
- NURS 1121 Pharmacology Online
- NURS 1126 Relational Practice Online
- NURS 1124 Research in Nursing Online
These courses are currently under development:
- Pre-clinical Readiness
- Nursing Skills Lab (Note: This course may require in-person lab time at a college.)
- Contact Information
- OntarioLearn Department
- Office Location(s):
- St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor