Our Film and Video Production Program guides you through the complete creation of a short video, travelling step-by-step through the structural stages of filmmaking. Develop a fundamental knowledge of film history, screenplay writing and low-budget production, and explore the new technologies emerging from the film and digital video industries. Whether you want to make a feature-length film, a short dramatic film or a documentary, this film and video program provides you with the essential knowledge you need to make your project viable.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Six)
This is the recommended completion order:
- LIBA 9108 Introduction to Film and Video ProductionOnline Option
- LIBA 9086 Screenwriting 1: Write Your Own ScreenplayOnline Option
- LIBA 9109 Cinematography, Lighting and Sound ProductionOnline Option
- COMP 9411 Digital Video EditingOnline Option
- LIBA 9314 History of the CinemaOnline Option
- LIBA 9356 Digital Video ProductionOnline Option
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
Contact the Continuing Education Visual Arts & Design department at 416-415-5000, ext. 2013, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their office at St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor.