Our Illustration and Cartooning Program both develops your drawing and communication skills and exercises your imagination. Learn professional techniques and explore a variety of media while working on detailed projects such as character and environmental design, single-panel cartoons, comic strips, comic book pages, editorial cartoons and spot illustrations. Learn about the industries that use commercial cartooning and illustration services as well as their expectations and requirements. Become proficient in a variety of techniques and media while producing a portfolio of original material.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate of completion.
Core Courses (Two)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites:
Elective Courses (Choose Four)
- ART 9032 Anatomy for Artists Temporarily Online
- ART 9005 Cartooning 2 Temporarily Online
- ART 9019 Cartooning 3
- ART 9046 Children's Book Illustration Temporarily Online
- ART 9077 Creating Graphic Novels Temporarily Online
- ART 9081 Drawing Fundamentals 1 Temporarily Online
- ART 9082 Drawing Fundamentals 2
- ART 9078 Foundation Colour Temporarily Online
- ART 9079 Life Drawing for the Illustrator Temporarily Online
- DESN 9177 Principles of Design Temporarily Online
- LIBA 9083 Writing Children's Fiction 1 Temporarily Online
Contact the Continuing Education Visual Arts & Design department at 416-415-5000, ext. 2013, at email@example.com or by visiting their office at St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor.
- Contact Information
- Visual Arts and Design Department
- St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor