Our Illustration and Cartooning Program both develops your drawing and communication skills and exercises your imagination. Learn professional techniques and explore a variety of media while working on detailed projects such as character and environmental design, single-panel cartoons, comic strips, comic book pages, editorial cartoons and spot illustrations. Learn about the industries that use commercial cartooning and illustration services as well as their expectations and requirements. Become proficient in a variety of techniques and media while producing a portfolio of original material.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate of completion.
Core Courses (Two)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites:
Elective Courses (Choose Four)
- ART 9032 Anatomy for ArtistsOnline Option
- ART 9005 Cartooning 2Online Option
- ART 9019 Cartooning 3
- ART 9046 Children's Book IllustrationOnline Option
- ART 9077 Creating Graphic NovelsOnline Option
- ART 9081 Drawing Fundamentals 1Online Option
- ART 9082 Drawing Fundamentals 2
- ART 9078 Foundation ColourOnline Option
- ART 9079 Life Drawing for the IllustratorOnline Option
- DESN 9177 Principles of DesignOnline Option
- LIBA 9083 Writing Children's Fiction 1Online Option
Contact the Continuing Education Visual Arts & Design department at 416-415-5000, ext. 2013, at email@example.com or by visiting their office at St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor.