Our Fine Art Foundations Program explores the essential foundations of drawing, which act as the basis for all other forms of art. Learn to perceive, read and interpret the visual world. Explore different styles of drawing using a variety of materials, including pastel, charcoal, conté, ink and pencil.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Five)
Completion order is only limited by course prerequisites:
- ART 9080 Art HistoryOnline Option
- ART 9081 Drawing Fundamentals 1Online Option
- ART 9082 Drawing Fundamentals 2
- ART 9078 Foundation ColourOnline Option
- DESN 9177 Principles of DesignOnline Option
Elective Courses (Choose Four)
- ART 9071 Abstract Art: Drawing and Painting
- ART 9032 Anatomy for ArtistsOnline Option
- ART 9046 Children's Book IllustrationOnline Option
- ART 9072 Cityscape: Drawing and Painting
- ART 9074 Classical Drawing
- PHOT 9037 Digital Photography 1: FundamentalsOnline Option
- ART 9043 Foundation Painting
- ART 9000 IllustrationOnline Option
- ART 9037 Watercolour Landscapes
- ART 9026 Watercolour Techniques
Contact the Continuing Education Visual Arts & Design department at 416-415-5000, ext. 2013, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their office at St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor.