We are currently working on updating this information for the 2018–19 academic year. Thank you for your patience.
- Every student at George Brown College (full-time, part-time and Continuing Education) is provided with a student ID number to which all academic records are attached. An ID number is emailed – along with a password – to each new Continuing Education student after registration.
- You can find out your existing student ID number by visiting a Student Service Centre or by calling the Contact Centre.
- Due to the varying use of first, middle and last names, a student may be given more than one student ID number. To reduce the confusion that results from this error, multiple ID numbers are eliminated and records are merged to one number. If you are aware of having more than one ID number, identify yourself to the staff at a Student Service Centre. Be sure to always use your full legal name when communicating with the college.
- Student ID cards are not automatically provided for Continuing Education students. The registration confirmation you receive when you register in a Continuing Education course is valid identification. (If you register in person, you will receive confirmation at the time of registration. If you register online, you will receive confirmation at Step 5 of the checkout process.) It identifies you as a student at George Brown College during the term in question and gives you access to the Library Learning Commons and their open access computing facilities.
- You have the option of purchasing a student ID card from the Library Learning Commons. It can also be used as a borrower card and a photocopy/print card.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the contact information in your online student account is up to date. To access your account, visit the Continuing Education website, find the “Student Login“ link (on your computer at the top of every page of our website or on your mobile under the “Accounts” tab) and log in using your student ID number and password. George Brown College does not accept responsibility for communication missed because of incorrect contact information.