Our Home Renovation Basics Program is an entry-level program that provides you with basic residential renovation skills. Through a variety of hands-on projects, learn the building practices used in basic home renovation and home maintenance. Explore a range of topics – from learning the Ontario Building Code and how to draft your own set of construction drawings to how to tape and mud drywall.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Nine)
This is the recommended completion order. All of these:
One of these:
- BLDG 9245 Part 9 The House Building EnvelopeOnline Option
- BLDG 9265 Part 9 The House Building EnvelopeOnline
All of these:
- BLDG 9223 Construction Site SafetyOnline Option
- BLDG 9077 Home Maintenance and Improvements: Basics
- BLDG 9116 Home Maintenance and Improvements: Systems
- BLDG 9037 Carpentry 1: Basic Woodworking
- BLDG 9326 Home Renovation: ElectricalOnline Option
- BLDG 9327 Home Renovation: HVACOnline Option
Elective Courses (Choose One)
Contact the Continuing Education Technology & Trades department at 416-415-5000, ext. 4861, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their office at Casa Loma Campus, 160 Kendal Ave., Building C (CLC), Room C426.