Our Digital Analytics Program recognizes that digital analytics – a combination of web analytics, marketing campaign measurements, data visualization and social media metrics – is a key part of data analysis. This program has been designed for those who wish to get involved with digital analysis, data mining, web analytics and data visualization as well as those whose job functions currently include marketing, website development, search engine optimization, social media metrics and digital advertising. Learn how to use a combination of web analytics tools, marketing principles, information design and technology to achieve both strategic and tactical business objectives. Develop the skills you need to promote effective strategic decisions by learning to report on website visitors' behaviour, engage in digital content testing, identify purchasing patterns and demographics, perform trend analysis, and present and display digital data.
Career options typically include entry-level data analyst, web analyst, digital marketing researcher, insights specialist, and digital marketing specialist positions.
You will have the most success in this program if you already have experience with web-based technology (including an array of social media platforms), experience with basic spreadsheet programs (such as Microsoft Excel), and good analytical thinking skills before you start taking the required courses.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate of completion using the department contact information on this web page.
Core Courses (Three)
This is the recommended completion order:
- COMP 9768 SEO and Paid Search Online
- COMP 9640 Infographics and Data Visualization Temporarily Online
- COMP 9769 Digital Analytics and Insights Online
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
- BUS 9181 Business Intelligence: A Practical Approach Temporarily Online
- BUS 9207 Finance for Non-financial Professionals Temporarily Online
- MARK 9079 Practical AI for Marketing Temporarily Online
- DESN 9184 Presentation Design: Pitch Decks Temporarily Online
- MGMT 9001 Project Management Fundamentals Online
- COMP 9773 Web Design: HTML and CSS Temporarily Online
- Contact Information
- Business Department
- St. James Campus, 193 King St. E., Building G (SJG), third floor