Our Editorial Skills Program helps you build the foundation you need to edit text for English language media. Get a practical introduction to the essential skills required in the key areas of editing, and study all stages of the process: structural and stylistic editing, copyediting, proofreading and production editing. A 45-hour editorial work placement gives you the opportunity to enhance your skills in a workplace setting.
Career options typically involve a wide range of industries, including both traditional publishing (newspapers, magazines, books, corporate newsletters, online publications) and less traditional fields.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program with a cumulative grade average of B- (70%) or better, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Seven)
This is the recommended completion order. One of these:
All of these:
- LIBA 9361 Structural and Stylistic EditingOnline Option
- LIBA 9294 CopyeditingOnline Option
- LIBA 9332 ProofreadingOnline Option
- LIBA 9102 Production EditingOnline Option
- LIBA 9362 Editing Today: Beyond Traditional PublishingOnline Option
- LIBA 9110 Editorial Work PlacementOnline Option