Our Construction Superintendent Program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to manage and co-ordinate all the elements of the construction site. Learn how to ensure that projects within the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sector get completed on time, within budget and in a safe manner. Courses focus on site management procedures, project control and planning, building code, construction law, construction safety and leadership on the job site.
This program was developed by George Brown College Continuing Education in collaboration with the Ontario General Contractors Association (OGCA).
Career options typically include site superintendent positions within the construction industry.
In addition to the course requirements, you must have three years of practical construction site supervision experience (at least one of them within Canada) and present proof of your experience in the form of detailed documentation. Once you have completed all the requirements of this program and have provided proof of your experience, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Eight)
This is the recommended completion order. All of these:
- BLDG 9222 Building Code Compliance for Site Supervisors Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9223 Construction Site Safety Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9067 Construction Law Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9066 Management for Construction Superintendents Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9069 Concrete Construction Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9285 Construction Project Control Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9284 Construction Project Planning Temporarily Online
One of these:
- BLDG 9241 Part 3 Large Buildings Classification and Construction Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9267 Part 3 Large Buildings Classification and Construction Online
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.
- MGMT 9061 2021 PMP Exam Preparation Temporarily Online
- DRFT 9006 Blueprint Reading for Construction Trades 2 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9089 Construction Estimating 1 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9189 Construction Estimating 1 Online
- BLDG 9329 Construction Industry Ethics Online
- BLDG 9085 Electrical Estimating 1 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9236 Large Buildings 2012 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9257 Large Buildings 2012 Online
- BLDG 9192 Mechanical Estimating 1 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9131 Overview of the Construction Industry Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9233 Small Buildings 2012 Temporarily Online
- BLDG 9250 Small Buildings 2012 Online
- BLDG 9070 Steel Construction Temporarily Online
- Contact Information
- Technology Department