Our Construction Superintendent Program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to manage and co-ordinate all the elements of the construction site. Learn how to ensure that projects within the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sector get completed on time, within budget and in a safe manner. Courses focus on site management procedures, project control and planning, building code, construction law, construction safety and leadership on the job site.
This program was developed by George Brown College Continuing Education in collaboration with the Ontario General Contractors Association (OGCA).
Career options typically include site superintendent positions within the construction industry.
In addition to the course requirements, you must have three years of practical construction site supervision experience (at least one of them within Canada) and present proof of your experience in the form of detailed documentation. Once you have completed all the requirements of this program and have provided proof of your experience, you can request to receive a certificate.
Core Courses (Eight)
This is the recommended completion order. All of these:
- BLDG 9222 Building Code Compliance for Site SupervisorsOnline Option
- BLDG 9223 Construction Site SafetyOnline Option
- BLDG 9067 Construction LawOnline Option
- BLDG 9066 Management for Construction SuperintendentsOnline Option
- BLDG 9069 Concrete ConstructionOnline Option
- BLDG 9285 Construction Project ControlOnline Option
- BLDG 9284 Construction Project PlanningOnline Option
One of these:
- BLDG 9241 Part 3 Large Buildings Classification and ConstructionOnline Option
- BLDG 9267 Part 3 Large Buildings Classification and ConstructionOnline
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.
- DRFT 9006 Blueprint Reading for Construction Trades 2Online Option
- BLDG 9089 Construction Estimating 1Online Option
- BLDG 9189 Construction Estimating 1Online
- BLDG 9329 Construction Industry EthicsOnline
- BLDG 9085 Electrical Estimating 1Online Option
- BLDG 9236 Large Buildings 2012Online Option
- BLDG 9257 Large Buildings 2012Online
- BLDG 9192 Mechanical Estimating 1Online Option
- BLDG 9131 Overview of the Construction IndustryOnline Option
- MGMT 9046 PMP Exam PreparationOnline Option
- MGMT 9039 PMP Exam PreparationOnline
- BLDG 9233 Small Buildings 2012Online Option
- BLDG 9250 Small Buildings 2012Online
- BLDG 9070 Steel ConstructionOnline Option