Our Interior Decorating Program is one of the most comprehensive in Toronto and helps you acquire a thorough knowledge of the decorating field and the technical skills needed to work as a professional interior decorator. This program is recognized by the Decorators & Designers Association of Canada (DDA Canada) and involves a range of field trips, including some that take advantage of the location of our Casa Loma Campus – walking distance from Canada's leading interior design wholesale showrooms ("Designers Walk"). Program participants are eligible for DDA Canada Student Membership.
Employers can typically be found in the interior decorating, retail (furniture, drapery, lighting, paint, wallpaper) and home building industries as well as related sectors.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate. Program graduates are eligible for DDA Canada Accredited Membership.
Core Courses (Twelve)
These must be completed first:
This is the recommended completion order for these:
- IDAR 9006 Interior Design FundamentalsOnline Option
- DESN 9027 Perspective DrawingOnline Option
- DESN 9005 Interior Decorating 1Online Option
- IDAR 9026 Introduction to the Building Code for Interior DecoratingOnline Option
- DESN 9060 History of Furniture and Design
- DESN 9040 Decorating with Light
- DESN 9042 Fabric FundamentalsOnline Option
- IDAR 9028 Business of Interior DecoratingOnline Option
- DESN 9033 Window Treatments and Soft FurnishingsOnline Option
This must be completed last (after all other core and elective courses):
Elective Courses (Choose Two)
Electives may have two versions (delivery options), but only one can be put toward the certificate.