You will need to complete a Requisite health form for ParaMed’s Requisite service if your clinical/field placement requires proof of immunizations, blood test results, CPR certification and/or mask fit testing. A vulnerable (criminal record) check and standard first aid may also be required, depending on the certificate/course.
Temporary Service Changes
April 9, 2020
- Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the NURS 9214 Clinical Practice and NURS 9215 Clinical Practice Consolidation courses have been cancelled for the spring term (Spring/Summer 2020).
- If you already have completed your Requisite health form documents (such as medicals, CPR BLS/HCP, police vulnerable sector check and mask fit test certificates), keep these documents with you at this time until you receive an official confirmation from the Continuing Education Nursing department that your course will resume in the future intake.
- If your health form documents are currently incomplete, please do not worry or process anything at this time because some of the requirements (such as two-step TB skin test, CPR BLS/HCP and police vulnerable sector check certificates) will expire too early as they are only valid for one year after the issued date.
- If you have your Toronto Police application form and payment to submit, hold onto it. We cannot process it at this time.
- Also, ParaMed is closed and the mask fit test service is still suspended until further notice.
- For more up-to-date information,
Requisite Health Forms
Please note the current costs involved in completing your Requisite health form with ParaMed’s Requisite service:
- Doctor’s office charge for signing and completing the health form: $30 to $50
- Chicken pox booster vaccine (if lab result shows non-immunity/non-reactive): $100 to $130
- Hepatitis B booster vaccine (if lab result show non-immunity/non-reactive): $100 to $130
- Two-step TB skin test: $75 to $90
- CPR Level C/BLS-HCP Course: $70 to $100
- ParaMed service fees (for visits, cancelled/missed visits, mask fit testing, photocopies)
This list is for reference only. This may not constitute the extent of fees encountered and (for those costs outside of ParaMed) are estimates only. Fees may vary from what is listed here and are subject to change without notice. Keep in mind that all costs, service fees and fines associated with the Requisite health form requirements are your responsibility and must be paid by you.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check Application Forms
- For students who reside in Toronto: If you need to apply for or renew your police vulnerable sector check and you currently reside in the Toronto region with a postal code that starts with the letter
M, you must meet with Suzette Martinuzzi, Clinical Pre-placement Co-ordinator, in order to receive a copy of the Toronto Police Service
Consent to Disclosure form and have it signed by an authorized college representative.
- To your scheduled appointment, you must bring a money order or bank draft of $20 made payable to Toronto Police Service and a government-issued photo identification card. (We do not accept cash, credit cards or personal cheques.)
- Please be advised that it could take 4 to 8 weeks or longer to process your application. It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive the results of your police vulnerable sector check prior to your Requisite health form deadline.
- For detailed information, review the Instructions for the Toronto Police Service Check Application Form web page.
- For students who reside in another region or province: If you live in another region or province, check your specific regional police services website (for example, Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel or York) and read their instructions carefully to learn about their requirements and the process for obtaining their application form. If you need a volunteer letter from the college in order to be eligible for the student fee rate, contact Suzette Martinuzzi, Clinical Pre-placement Co-ordinator. Please be advised that it could take up to 6 weeks for the police service to process your application.
Other Critical Clinical Pre-placement Documents and Links
Requisite Health Form Workshops and Deadlines
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, our workshops for the spring intake (May 2020) have been suspended and future sessions will be announced at a later date.