Our Incident Management Program teaches you the principles behind and phases of establishing a command post for basic and complex disaster scenarios. Examine critical infrastructure and how federal, provincial and local agencies co-ordinate and collaborate during a crisis. Enhance your command-post leadership and communication skills as you learn to develop, document and communicate effective action plans for incident management. Courses use case studies, individual exercises, group exercises and classroom simulations to explore critical thinking, strategic decision making and tactical deployment. Best practices, policies and procedures as well as current events provide a foundation for learning.
Once you have completed all the requirements of this program, you can request to receive a certificate of completion using the department contact information on this web page.
Core Courses (Four)
This is the recommended completion order. One of these:
- EMRG 9000 BEM: Basic Emergency Management On Campus
- EMRG 9125 Emergency Management: Concepts and Principles Online
One of these:
- EMRG 9126 Basic Incident Management System 200 On Campus
- EMRG 9132 Incident Management: Systems, Operations and Leadership Online
All of these:
- Contact Information
- Keith Melo, Co-ordinator
- Casa Loma Campus, 146 Kendal Ave., Building E (CLE), Room 013/015