- credit card (American Express/Discover/MasterCard/UnionPay银联/Visa)
- debit card
- money order
To register in person, follow these steps:
- Read about what to consider before you register.
- On the course web page, review the course sections offered for that course. The course sections will show you when and where that section is offered as well as the total course fee. (Your course may be eligible for financial assistance.) Read any section notes so you are aware of important information about that course section.
- Find the course reference number (CRN) with the schedule you want. Note the button that appears for the section:
Button Description Register Now If there is a seat available in the course section, its status will be listed as “Register Now.” CRN is Closed If the registration period for a course has passed, the status of the course section will be listed as “CRN is Closed.” CRN is Full If the course section is full, its status will be listed as “CRN is Full.” Join Wait List If the course section is full but offers a wait list, its status will be listed as “Join Wait List.”
- If the schedule you want shows the “Register Now” button, make note of the course code, the CRN and the start and end dates of the schedule. (Note: Cancellations or changes may occur.)
- If you want to register for multiple courses, repeat steps 2 through 4 for as many courses as you want.
- Go to any George Brown College Student Service Centre. (You do not have to register at the campus where your course is offered; you can register in person at any campus.) If you have not already downloaded and printed a Registration PDF form to bring with you, pick up a copy of the form at the Student Service Centre. (Each registration form has room for two course registrations, so make sure you pick up as many as you need.) Write in the course/course section details and personal information requested (making sure to use your full legal name). It is important that you provide your home and business telephone numbers and an email address to facilitate our contact with you.
- Submit your registration form to a Student Service Centre representative. If you are paying by cheque or money order (made payable to George Brown College), write your full legal name, daytime phone number and student ID number (if you have one) on the front of the cheque/money order. The college does not accept post-dated cheques. Personal cheques returned by your bank for non-sufficient funds (NSF) or other reasons beyond the control of the college are subject to an administrative fee.
- When you register in person, you receive a registration confirmation and a receipt of payment from college staff at the time of registration. Keep your registration confirmation in a safe place. (Note: Duplicate confirmations will not be issued.)
- Make sure that you are officially registered in your course(s) by confirming with the teacher at the first class that your name is on the class list.