• RHFAC Accessibility Assessor Training BLDG 9294


    The Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC) program helps improve the accessibility of the built environment – the places where we live, work, learn and play. RHFAC is a comprehensive rating system that helps both owners and tenants measure the accessibility of their buildings and sites and promotes increased access through the adoption of Universal Design principles. This program is the only one in Canada using a rating system to identify and certify accessible built environments based on a consistent methodology. George Brown College and The Rick Hansen Foundation have partnered to offer formal RHFAC Accessibility Assessor Training that combines theory and hands-on practice to train individuals who are planning, designing, and constructing the built environment to understand accessibility from the perspective of people with disabilities, and measure the accessibility of their venues. For more information please visit the Becoming Accessible web page of the Rick Hansen Foundation website.


    Course Delivery Method:

    Each course section (CRN) runs for eight days (four consecutive days followed by a week off followed by four more consecutive days). Make sure you review all the dates that appear within the relevant CRN box before you register.

    Course Essentials:

    You will be required to have your own laptop and measuring tape as well as a cell phone or camera to take pictures.

    RHFAC Professional Designation:

    Passing this course is the first step towards gaining the knowledge and skills required to deliver RHFAC ratings. In order to acquire the RHFAC professional designation, you must:

    • Pass this course. This requires a minimum of 80% classroom attendance and successful completion of the course assignment (case study).
    • Pass the RHFAC Professional Exam developed by RHF and facilitated by CSA Group. Note that this exam is not administered as part of this course.


    You must have a diploma of technology in architecture, engineering, urban planning, interior design or a related program; or you must have a Journeyman Certificate of Qualification in a designated trade that is related to building construction; or you must be an engineer or be eligible for registration as an engineer; or you must be an architect or be eligible for registration as an architect; or you must have a minimum of five years of experience that is related to building construction.

    Contact Information

    Some courses require you to purchase a textbook. The cost of the textbook is not included in the course fee unless otherwise indicated. If there is a textbook assigned for this course, it will be listed on the bookstore website.