George Brown College's School of Distance Education will provide quality distance education opportunities for college-level learners that are convenient and affordable, and that enable learners to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve their personal and professional goals. It will remove physical barriers that restrict access to courses and certificate programs by offering online and other distance delivery methods that meet the needs of its diverse and geographically dispersed student population.
The School of Distance Education will build on its established reputation for academic excellence and innovation to become the premier college provider of quality distance learning opportunities.
The School of Distance Education will implement its mission and vision through consistent application and monitoring of its values. We will provide:
- Outcomes-based distance learning that is affordable, accessible and up to date with current industry and academic standards
- Student-centred academic advising and support services by phone, by email and online
- A diversity of people, ideas and innovative strategies in our programs and organizational structure
- A quality assurance framework that is integral to strategic planning, operational efficiency and fiscal sustainability processes
- Teachers and staff who are subject experts and who are committed to best practices in distance education programming and student support