Your success in Continuing Education writing courses depends on your ability to write clearly, correctly and effectively. Whether you are writing creatively or for your workplace, understanding the fundamentals of grammar, punctuation and usage can help you to accomplish your writing goals.
You must be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of correct English grammar
- Use correct spelling and punctuation
- Make appropriate word choices that show a range of vocabulary
- Use correct sentence structure
- Employ a variety of sentence types, from simple to complex
- Convey main ideas and supporting details that can be easily identified
- Choose and present ideas and arguments with specific, relevant examples and reasons
- Write within appropriate organizational frameworks (such as paragraphs, essays and reports)
- Express a clear overall message
Need to improve these essential skills? We offer a variety of foundational courses that will help you to develop them.
For additional information, contact the Continuing Education Liberal Studies department at 416-415-5000, ext. 2092, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their office (193 King St. E., St. James Campus, Building G, third floor).