CURRENTLY BROWSING : INFO
- Visit the bookstores during their hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Monday to Thursday), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Friday) and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Saturday). (Check out the bookstore website for summer and extended hours.)
Casa Loma campus bookstore
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., Building C, second floor
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 4440
St. James campus bookstore
Location: 200 King St. E., Building A, main floor
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 2722
Waterfront campus bookstore
Location: 51 Dockside Dr., main floor
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 5865
- Want to order your textbooks from your home or office computer? Visit the bookstore website, and select "Textbooks." You can search by course number or perform a general search.
- Our campus bookstores sell more than just textbooks! Check out the bookstore website for prices on everything from chef and culinary supplies and art and graphics supplies to computers, software and school supplies.
- Our bookstores also conduct a used textbook buyback program on a daily basis. Additionally, a vendor partner may purchase (no guarantee) books that are not in active use in the bookstore for 10% to 30% of the original price. They do not purchase books for which there is no current demand.
Diversity, Equity and Human Rights
- George Brown College is a place of both learning and employment. Everyone at the college has the right to study, learn, teach and work in an environment that is free of harassment. The college does not condone harassment or any other form of discrimination; these are treated as serious offences. Diversity, Equity & Human Rights Services aims to ensure that all students, staff and administration can participate fully in college life without experiencing individual or systemic barriers. This right is supported by the Ontario Human Rights Code and the George Brown College policy on the Prevention of Discrimination and Harassment. Copies of these documents are available in every campus Library Learning Commons at the college.
- Diversity, Equity & Human Rights Services provides advice, consultation and education in matters related to
- If you have a concern, need further information or are considering filing a complaint, contact Diversity, Equity & Human Rights Services at 416-415-5000, ext. 4609 or ext. 4646 or ext. 4715 or ext. 6670, or 1-877-515-5559 (TTY).
- For more information about the Positive Space Campaign, call 416-415-5000, ext. 4609.
- Have some time before class? Visit the campus gyms and fitness centres to enjoy activities ranging from studio cycling and weight training to yoga and badminton. If you are currently registered as a Continuing Education student, you can present your confirmation of registration to get your student fitness card for a small fee.
Casa Loma campus Athletic and Recreation Department
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., Building C, first floor
Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday from September to April) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday from May to August)
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 4714 or ext. 4627
St. James campus Athletic and Recreation Department
Location: 200 King St. E., Building A, sixth floor
Hours: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday to Friday from September to April) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday from May to August)
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 3336
General College Services/Inquiries
- You can reach the college's Contact Centre at 416-415-2000, 1-800-265-2002 (toll-free) or 1-877-515-5559 (TTY) during their hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Friday). Press 2 and then 0 to be entered into the queue to speak to a Contact Centre representative. (The Contact Centre closes at 3:30 p.m. on Friday before a holiday weekend.)
- You can also reach the college by using the Ask George Brown web service. The service allows you to ask basic questions and receive an answer right away. However, please note that Ask George Brown is not a live chat and that responses are pre-built. If you require further assistance, you must call the Contact Centre (above) or a Continuing Education staff directly.
Library Learning Commons
- The Library Learning Commons (LLC) offers you a wide variety of resources and services that can enhance your academic success at George Brown College. Visit the LLC during their hours of operation for assignment help, research assistance, learning and study spaces, accessible services, open access computers and technical support. (Note: The LLC may have reduced hours of operation during the summer and other times throughout the year.)
Casa Loma campus Library Learning Commons
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., Building C, Room 330
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 4634
St. James campus 341 King Library Learning Commons
Location: 341 King St. E., St. James campus, Building H, Room 367
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 4950
St. James campus Library Learning Commons
Location: 200 King St. E., Building A, Rooms 121 and B137
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 2173
St. James campus Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts e-Library
Location: 300 Adelaide St. E., Building B, Room 111
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 6179
Waterfront campus Library Learning Commons
Location: 51 Dockside Dr., Room 618
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 5765
- The LLC offers a variety of facilities and technical services, including adaptive technology, group study rooms, open access computers, laptops, photo ID, printing/copying, study areas and Wi-Fi. The LLC at each campus also has the hardware and software specific to the courses taught at that campus.
- The LLC also offers access to a variety of resources to support learning, research and studying, including articles, databases, books/e-books, course reserves, journals, captioned online videos, captioned DVDs, research guides and tutorials.
- For more information, visit the Library Learning Commons web page.
- Coin-operated photocopiers are available in the Library Learning Commons. (Staff can provide change for bills.) You also have the convenient option of purchasing a student photo ID card there, which can be used as a photocopy/print card.
- The George Brown College on-site print shop, Grenville, offers full-service or self-serve photocopying. (Note: Grenville may have reduced hours of operation during the summer and other times throughout the year.)
Casa Loma campus Grenville Print Centre
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., Building C, Room C210 (second floor)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 4220 or ext. 4811
St. James campus Grenville Print Centre
Location: 200 King St. E., Building A, Room 114 (basement level)
Hours: 7:45 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Friday)
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 2007
Waterfront campus Grenville Print Centre
Location: 51 Dockside Dr., second floor
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Friday)
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 5383
- Copyright law places restrictions on what you are legally allowed to photocopy. You must abide by the policies in place at George Brown College.
Safe Walk Program
- The Safe Walk program is a joint initiative between George Brown College and its Student Association. Safe walkers work in co-ed pairs to escort George Brown College students, staff and the community to local parking lots or TTC stops. All safe walkers are students who have been trained in emergency first aid and CPR.
- The service is available from 6:30 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and from 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Friday) from the first week of school in September through to April, with the exception of winter break and other days the college is closed.
- Three teams work at the St. James campus: one team is stationed at the welcome desk at 200 King St. E. (SJA); one team is stationed at the welcome desk at 300 Adelaide St. E. (SJB); one team is stationed in the lobby at 230 Richmond St. E. (SJE). One team works at the Casa Loma campus: they are stationed at the welcome desk at 146 Kendal Ave. (CLE). Alternatively, you can call 416-415-5000, ext. 4730, to have a safe walk team come to meet you.
- The George Brown College online student information system – your student account – helps you answer some of your questions without having to phone or visit the college. You may use a computer to view and print (and, in certain instances, update) the information contained within your student account.
- To access your student account, visit the Continuing Education home page, find the Student Account login link and log in using your student ID number and password.
- Once you have logged on, you can
- view and update your mailing address, phone number(s) and email address
- confirm your registration(s)
- view your final grades
- print your unofficial transcript (final grades)
- view any holds on your record (for overdue fees, etc.) that may prevent registration activity
- print your T2202A tax form
- Unofficial transcripts are for your information only. You must request an official transcript in writing.
- Name changes cannot be done directly in your student account. An official document (such as a birth certificate, a marriage certificate or an affidavit from a notary public) must be presented in person at a Student Service Centre as proof.
- If you have problems accessing or using your student account, you must call the Contact Centre.
Student Service Centre
- In order to better support you in your academic endeavours, the college has centralized the main student service functions in one convenient location. The Student Service Centre can help you with
- address changes
- college policies and procedures
- dropping/adding courses
- fee payments
- financial assistance inquiries
- official transcripts (ordering and picking up)
- registering in person for certificates and courses
- registration inquiries
- validating forms
- The Student Service Centre can also help you with referrals to
- You can visit the Student Service Centre at any campus. (Note: The Student Service Centres reserve the right to close early during the first week of each term if the volume of students deems it necessary.)
Casa Loma campus Student Service Centre
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., Building C, Room 317
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Friday)
St. James campus Student Service Centre
Location: 200 King St. E., Building A, basement level
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Friday)
Waterfront campus Student Service Centre
Location: 51 Dockside Dr., lower level
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday to Friday)